- Broken Social Scene, You Forgot It in People. Reviews of this album invariably resort to the old, "you just have to listen to it for yourself" line, and it's true. One of the best pop albums (in the best sense of the word) in recent years.
- The Dears latest album, No Cities Left, is wonderful but unfortunately doesn't seem to be available at Amazon. Their last album, End of a Hollywood Bedtime Story, is well worth checking out as well. The influence from the likes of The Smiths, Pulp and New Order is a bit obvious at times but more often than not there are fits of originality (besides, that's not a bad bunch to be influenced by).
update: download an mp3 of Lost in the Plot, from No Cities Left, on the band's official site.
- Radiohead, Hail to the Thief. If you're anything like the average Mindjack reader, chances are you've bought this already, but if you haven't, you should.
- The Sounds, Living in America. New Wave goodness from Sweden. Watch their videos here.
- Interpol, Turn On the Bright Lights. Amazon has a free MP3 download of one of the album's best tracks, NYC. Check it out.
Sunday, June 15, 2003