1. You have a choice of being "in the business" or of making movies. If you'd rather do business, don't hesitate. You'll get richer, but you won't have as much fun!Read On
2. If you have nothing to say, don't feel obliged to pretend you do.
3. If you do have something to say, you'd better stick to it. (But then don't give too many interviews.)
4. Respect your actors. Their job is 10 times more dangerous than yours.
5. Don't look at the monitor. Watch the faces in front of your camera! Stand right next to it! You'll see infinitely more. You can still check your monitor after the take.
6. Your continuity girl is always right about screen directions, jumping the axis and that sort of stuff. Don't fight her. Bring her flowers.
7. Always remember: Continuity is overrated!
8. Coverage is overrated, too!
9. If you want to shoot day for night, make sure the sun is shining.
10. Before you say "cut," wait five more seconds.
|:: posted by Donald Melanson, 2/28/2006|| Comments (2)|
Links to this post